Saturday, September 12, 2009

Shut Up And Let Me Write

Often times when I sit down to write, the editor inside prevents the free flow of words. She mutters such phrases as "that's cliché" or "not that image again" or the ever popular "and you call yourself a writer?". I've, on occasion, had to write with my left hand. For some reason this activity is hidden from the editor, and I'm able to write uninterrupted.


Shut Up And Let Me Write

Sometimes the writing stops
because too much thinking hinders the flow.
The pen, joined to the soul,
leaks in blood upon the page,
but the editor, employed by the mind,
tries to transpose,
translate,
transform the lines
into something of its own making.

Just shut up and let me write!


© JMariah, 2009

1 comment:

Mommy Galloway said...

Hey! I came across you on readwritepoem.org, just checking your poems out. I'm enjoying your poetry.